Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pretty Peacocks



There's certainly no shortage of peacocks on Pinterest these days (or owls for that matter) and since we saw so many of these lovely creatures in Sri Lanka I thought I'd do a project about them with my kinders.  We started with a draw-along and then colored with the "special" opalescent cray pas.  Next was some watercolor when the whole thing was dry the kids drew eyes/beaks on white paper and glued them on.


Some added glitter and some drew patterns on the feathers.  Overall, I think they've got a lot of proud peacock character.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic blog, I love the huge variety of lessons you teach, your bio is really interesting too! Kudos to you for teaching art around the globe!

    Best Regards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind words! We're slogging along here till Winter break, wish I were somewhere wintery right now...:)

    ReplyDelete