Growth Mindset in the Art Room



Since reading Mind in the Making, I've been fascinated with Carol Dweck's research into fixed vs growth mindsets and how we as art teachers can help students to change their mindset when in our classroom.  I saw some of the information in an anchor chart for the regular classroom and thought it would be great to make one for my art room.  I hope other art teachers find it useful, I am about to enlarge it using blockposters.com and stick it on my wall.

Link to the full size poster.

Comments

  1. This is FANTASTIC. I hear those phrases all the time. I hope you won't mind if I use this, as I can really see this being useful, especially with my 4th and 5th graders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice! I have been working on this idea with my students (and myself) this year. Nicely done! MiniMatisse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just awesome, I love it. You know I am a talented artist in Aboriginal Art, can I start teaching art to small little cute students. I think it will be very useful for them. Isn’t it a good idea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Thank you! (Not a teacher, just a mom!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks meant for sharing this type of satisfying opinion, written piece is fastidious, that’s why I’ve read it completely.vintage pictures

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this! I am going to make a poster for my classroom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts